Multitec 9000 Multipurpose Rig
The Dando Multitec 9000 is a truly multipurpose drilling rig incorporating a pullback capacity of 10,000kg within a lightweight and compact structure.
Designed for use in water well, mineral exploration, geotechnical investigation and geothermal (GSHP) drilling projects, the Multitec 9000 is capable of performing various drilling techniques including RC (Reverse Circulation), RAB (Rotary Air Blast), conventional mud, auger, diamond wireline coring, SPT, geothermal heat pump drilling and more.
*Please request a copy of our terms and conditions if required.
|Carrier Options||Track mounted is standard (with various track options and umbilical tracking) but can also be supplied on: Heavy duty commercial 4 x 4 truck - Trailer mounted - Skid - Mounted on customer own support vehicle/structure|
|Deck Engine||Standard fitting: CAT C4.4 turbo diesel engine 102hp (142hp as an option)|
|Mast Dimensions||Working mast height using main winch: 5500mm|
|Working mast using the rotary head: 3700mm|
|Mast dump to 45 degrees|
|Head Traverse||Hoist: 6m/m (20ft/min)|
|Rapid Hoist: 26m/min (85.5ft/min)|
|Feed: 20.25m/min (66ft/min)|
|Rapid Feed: 36.5m/min (120ft/min)|
|Rig Capacity||Pullback: 10,000kg|
|Hook load (max): 10,000kg|
|Rotary Head Performance (Standard)||Rotation (max): 436rpm|
|Torque (max): 6000Nm|
|Rotary Head Performance (Option 1)||Rotation (max): 750rpm|
|Torque (max): 4000Nm|
|Other options available; rotary head tilt and side shift|
|Drill Table and Break Out System||As standard - Double acting hydraulic make up and break out clamp. With minimum clamping diameter of 60mm and a maximum of 250mm|
|Other options available|
|Main Winch||Maximum single line pull: 3200kgf|
|Maximum speed: 41m/minute|
|Drum capacity: 65m of 13mm wire rope|
|Wireline Winch (Optional)||Maximum single line pull: 1000kg|
|Maximum speed: 120m/minute|
|Drum capacity: 1150m of 4.76mm (3/16") wire rope. Other options available|
|Coring Pump||Standard: Hydraulically driven duplex pump|
|Maximum flow rate: 146 litres/minute|
|Maximum discharge pressure: 700psi|
|Other options available|
|Inline Oil Lubricator||Fitted as standard and used when operating a DTH hammer|
|Hydraulic System||Hydraulic power circuit based on load sensing hydraulic pumps and proportional control valves. With auxiliary quick connect circuit|
|Drillers Control Panel||Uncomplicated and user friendly with ergonomic layout mounted on a swing out arm|
|Rod Spin Safety Guard||Fitted as standard with speed reduction|
|Levelling Jacks||Two front and two rear jacks with individual locking valves|
|Lighting and Electrical System||Rig is provided with control panel and mast (optional) lighting. Electrical system is 12 volt|
- Small drilling footprint- length=5000mm; Width=1420mm (travelling) 2200mm (working)
- Track mounted as standard, but also available on 4×4 truck, trailer, skid or customer’s own support vehicle.
- Mast dump to 45 degrees
- Arm mounted drilling control
- On board flush pump
- Hydraulic winch
- High-torque, high-speed rotary head with hydraulic side shift and tilt
- Hydraulic rod clamps/breaker
- Safe hands-free rod handler eliminates the need of physical lifting and manipulation of drill rods
- A hydraulically deployed detachable mast section can be fitted for the pulling of 6 metre drill rods.
- Remote umbilical controls for safe and easy tracking of the machine across all terrain
- Hydraulic SPT Device (Optional)
|4" RC (25kg/m) drill rod||320m (1050ft)|
|3-1/2" (13.5kg/m) drill rod||593m (1946ft)|
|HWL (11.6kg/m) drill rod||690m (2264ft)|
|NWL (8kg/m) drill rod||1000m (3281ft)|
* Depths stated are theoretical and based on 80% capacity of the machine. Depths achieved will depend on variables including ground conditions and capability of crew operating the machine.
- RC Drilling Conversion Kit – For reverse circulation drilling applications
- Heavy Duty Winch – Hoisting capacity 6000kg single line pull
- Drill Rod Rack – Mounted on carrier if truck or trailer
- Duplex 5″ x 6″ Mud Pump – When the rig is mounted on a truck or trailer
- Hydraulic Foot Clamp – Jaws to suit B up to P wireline drill rods. Break out system is a double acting hydraulic cylinder with adjustable wrench
- SPT swing in hammer attachment – This drop weight runs on two guide bars guaranteeing a friction free fall. The weight is fully guarded and can be quickly changed for either SPT Testing or Dynamic Probing standards.
- Trip Hammer Speed:- 0 – 45 blows per minute
- Trip Hammer Drop:- 500mm / 750mm
- Trip Hammer Weight:- 50kg / 63.5kg
- Mast extension – A hydraulically deployed detachable mast section that can be fitted to allow the pulling of 6m drill rods.
- Automatic Rod Handler – For increased safety when loading drill rods.
- Track options:
- Option 1= Triple grouser
- Option 2= Single grouser
- Option 3= Rubber plate
Other options available on request
Indonesia - Nickel Exploration - Wireline Coring
One of two Multitec 9000 rigs being used for nickel exploration in Sulawesi, Indonesia. The track mounted multipurpose rigs have been conducting wireline coring up to 130m in areas of difficult terrain.
Sudan - Gold Prospecting- Reverse Circulation
4” Reverse Circulation boreholes between 100m and 150m, drilled at angles between 60 degrees and vertical. The rig is also conducting H wireline core drilling to provide further information in select areas.
DRC - Copper Exploration
A mining project independently ranked as the world’s largest discovery of undeveloped, high-grade copper. Featuring the CH400 high speed rotary head and truck mounted for increased mobility, the Multitec 9000 drilled 10 degrees from vertical with a PWL wireline system to 60m before continuing to 250m with HWL equipment.