SDC375 Sonic Drilling Rig
The Sonic SDC375, like all Dando rigs, is designed to be robust and reliable and also boasts a small footprint which allows it to operate in areas of limited space as well as fit within a standard shipping container for easy transportation. The machine is capable of continuously sampling to 300 feet with a 4 x 6 core/case system.
Sonic drilling boasts many advantages over conventional drilling including being faster, requiring less drilling fluid, continuous high quality coring and greatly reduced hole deviation. This is Dando’s first step into the sonic drilling market and can’t think of a better company to enter it with than Sonic Drill. Sonic Drill, established for over 35 years, is market leader for the sonic drilling rig industry and is the lead innovator in sonic drilling technology, holding key patents for this type of drilling technique.
|Carrier||Crawler mounted as standard. Multiple bolt-on track options available|
|Truck mounted as an option|
|Radio remote tracking with manual override or pilot hydraulic umbilical chest pack|
|Levelling Jacks||4 Jack legs with counter balance valve|
|Deck Engine||John Deere 6090:350hp|
|CAT C7.1 Tier 4 Final: 250hp|
|Other engine options available|
|Drilling Mast||Single box contruction|
|4.2m head travel. Other lengths available|
|Hydraulic cylinder/chain driven system. Auto tensioned|
|Pullback: 10,000 kgf|
|Mast Dump||Allows for angle drilling to 45 degrees c/w support struts|
|Main Winch||Maximum single line pull: 2,000kgf|
|Maximum speed: 40m/minute|
|Drum capacity: 65m of 13mm wire rope|
|Water Pump||FMC L1122 - 284 lpm - 1000 psi.|
|Other water pump sizes available|
|Hydraulic System||Hydraulic power circuit based on load sensing hydraulic pumps and proportional control valves|
|525l hydraulic reservoir|
|Twin electric hydraulic oil cooler|
|Sonic Head||Sonicor 50K rotary head with side shift and tilt frame|
|Sonic output force: 50,000 lbs|
|Sonic frequency: 0-140 rpm|
|Rotation: 0-140 rpm|
|Rotation torque: 7000ft-lb @ 0-140 rpm|
|Control Console||Swing out control panel|
|Direct hydraulic control valves with minimal electric controls|
|Pilot control valves|
|Clamps||As standard: Double acting hydraulic make up and break out clamp with clamping diameter of 60-250mm|
|Other options available, including double acting breakout table to 340mm or triple breakout clamps|
- Features Sonic Drill Corp’s patented Sonicor 50K head, renowned for its robust construction, clean, compact design and proven reliability.
- Automatic single rod handler with 180 degree wrist, for enhanced safety of the operator.
- Multiple break-out clamp options available, with safety cage feature.
- Uncomplicated and user friendly swing out control panel with ergonomic layout and LED console lighting.
- Compact crawler mounted design ideal for maneuvering through tight areas of difficult access. The rig is available with multiple track options as well as truck mounting.
- Fits inside a standard container for easy transportation.
- Mast dump allows drilling to be conducted at angles of up to 45 degrees.
- Automatic single rod handler with 90 degree wrist.
- Lockable waterproof deck boxes x 2.
- Mast lighting package.
- Auxiliary service lines with electrical, air and hydraulic quick disconnects.
- Mast mounted automatic SPT trip hammer (63.5kg) – Complete with electronic blow counter.
- Larger tooling and wireline winches available.
- Cold weather winterisation package.