Dando Terrier MK1 Site Investigation Rig
Occupying a small footprint, the compact and extremely versatile Dando Terrier drilling rig is capable of a range of site investigation techniques in areas of restricted space and difficult access, including disturbed and undisturbed sampling, SPT and dynamic probing.
Mounted on a small crawler unit, the rig is easily transportable and simple to manoeuvre through tight spaces, causing very little disturbance to its surroundings.
Constructed from high grade aluminium and designed using the latest software, the Dando Terrier is also available in a lightweight version boasting a lower ground pressure for when working in sensitive, fragile terrains and providing a wider range of logistics options.
|Main Structure||A fabricated box section sub-frame incorporating drop hammer support, controls, engine mounting and tool storage|
|Drop Hammer||A two-piece drop hammer runs on two guide bars|
|The weight is fully guarded and can be quickly changed for SPT or dynamic probing standards|
|Next to the drilling controls a blow counter is installed which is illuminated with large digits for easy reading|
|An extension loom is provided when operating the mast remotely|
|Attached to the mast is a 1m measurement scale for the easy monitoring of progress|
|Trip Hammer Speed: 0-50 blows per minute|
|Trip Hammer Drop: 500mm - 750mm|
|Trip Hammer Weight: 50kg or 63.5 kg|
|Drill Mast Assembly||A fabricated, welded steel box section construction, hinge pin mounted to main superstructure, hydraulically raised and lowered|
|Overall height: 2.22m - 2.85m|
|Pull down capacity: 1000 kgf|
|Pull back capacity: 7000 kgf|
|Width: 655mm (including wheels) 1166m (jacks out)|
|The entire mast assembly with wheels can be detached from the main superstructure for operation in areas of restricted access|
|Carrier||A purpose built crawler chassis with rubber tracks fitted with tilt mechanism, allowing rig to operate vertically on slopes inclined up to 30 degrees from horizontal|
|Crawler width: 800mm|
|Overall length mast down: 2.70 m|
|Overall height mast down: 1.48 m|
|Total weight: 1126 kg|
|Engine and Hydraulic PTO||Hydraulic system powered by a 16.8HP water-cooled diesel engine, provides power for drilling, rigging and tracking|
|Flow for PTO: 38.88 l/min|
|Maximum Working Pressure: 175 bar|
|Quick Connect Circuit||A quick connect auxiliary circuit is fitted as standard to the Terrier hydraulic system which runs the Terrier sampling hammer as well as other equipment, including sand guzzlers and casing jacks|
|The circuit is protected by a separate pressure relief valve and has a variable flow control valve fitted to the control panel for fine control|
- Optional expanded tracks for increased stability when required.
- Blow counter installed alongside the drilling controls at the front of the rig. Large illuminated digital display for easy reading
- Compact manoeuvrable crawler mounted design ideally suited for long wheel-base transit type vans for fast mobilisation to site and secure storage of all equipment
- 2-piece drop hammer incorporated in mast assembly for recovery of casing and sampling tools. Mast assembly can be detached for remote operation.
- Hydraulic tilting undercarriage allows operation on inclined slopes of up to 30 degrees from horizontal.
- Deck area with storage capacity for all required drilling tools
- Rotary concrete coring head available as an option. Useful when concrete and tarmac overlie the area to be sampled
- Rotary concrete coring head
- With the remote drilling kit the whole control panel and mast can be removed and operated up to 30m away from the main base unit.
- Casing extractor
- Lifting kit
- Expanded Tracks
- Can be equipped for Texas Cone Penetration Standards